Tuesday, December 8, 2009

A Fathers Love Is A Love That Never Ends

A father and daughter bond is a very special thing...
And, a father's love never ends...
A daddy's little girl is just begun...


My Dad taught me to be honest, hardworking and to do it with class. There were many years he left for work at 4 a.m. and returned at 7 p.m. This man showed us what hard work was all about. He started out pulling weeds at a beer distributorship when he got out of the Navy and worked his way up to General Manager in his 20 years of service.


A father's love never changes, even through all
the challenges and chapters of life...




My Dad is one special Dad. On his birthday today, I thought it was a perfect time to share with the world how much I love him. He is quick, sassy and clever. It's never a dull moment with Poppi around.



I'll always be Daddy's little angel.
At least, that's how he makes me feel, no matter my age.
He made me feel so special and able to take anything on in life and succeed. He made me feel like I could soar...



My favorite photo of our two "boys", my Dad and Mr. Fabulous. Yes, cigars and cocktails to properly celebrate during our wedding at my parents home in 2000. The day my Dad gave away this girl.

Now, most of our memories involve the next generation with Chase and Christian. Poppi and Christian horsing around, as usual.
Or, should I say Poppi and Spiderman?
No matter how sick my Dad feels,
he always takes care of the whole family.
Especially our son, Christian. He is the most spectacular, loving, present and expressive Dad and Grandfather any child could ask for. We are so incredibly blessed to have him head our family.



Poppi and a Power Ranger at odds...Even if Poppi has an injured and recovering foot...The battle continues...
Poppi never stops loving and playing with all of us...
He never complains. He is a true man.






Song lyrics from "A Father's Love" by George Strait:

"And they said, Let me tell you a secret, about a fathers love
A secret that my daddy said was just between us
You see daddies don't just love their children every now and then It's a love without end, amen, its a love without end, amen."


Happy 65th Birthday, Dad.

We have created so many magnificent
memories over our lifetime.
I remember when I was a little girl and you saying "We are creating a memory". I really didn't understand then, but I sure do now.
Here's to many more memories to come, Dad.


Love Always,

Daddy's Little Angel








5 comments:

Scientific Housewife said...

What a great post of your father, I hope he has a great birthday!

Keith said...

That is a great tribute to your dad. He sounds like a fantastic man. I'm so happy that you have a dad like that. God bless him.

Renee said...

Christina you forgot to mention how gorgeous your Dad is.

Is he ever handsome.

You in that gold dress. My God you are stunning. You are so beautiful and reading what you write on your blog it is nice to see that the beauty you have runs deep.

Love Renee xoxoxo

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

And now I'm crying C. Way to go. Ah ha ha. Happy bday to your papa! I didn't have a Dad like that growing up, but I thank God every night that I chose a husband who is and will be a father like that to my little man!

Scientific Housewife said...

I have something for you on my blog :)